Sunday 23 September 2012

Busy Times

Well - been to an art exhibition launch and a book launch in the past 3 days! Met John Morrison and his lovely partner, and though I cant justify spending the money on originals  I did buy a couple of prints. Thought I had a sale for one of his paintings but the couple differed as to which one they wanted. Ah well! (P.S. - they drove 40km turned around and came back to buy one of the expensive ones just before the place closed - YES! One happy artist, and his partner came to let me know specially!)

Then today we had Bim Aitkinson in the gallery with his book 'Sitting on the Fence' about life in the Ravenshoe area so that will be interesting reading,  (yes - I bought one and had it signed!) - and had an invitation from the author himself that he will be my tour guide if I ever get back up there again. Could be interesting.

Getting hot now! I think I might have to work every day just so I can stay cool in the Gallery. Had a day off yesterday and being in the van - or anywhere outside is not much fun in 39 degree heat! At least the evenings are cool enough to sleep still. Pity there are no power points or taps at the back of the hall where I could park in the shade. Had dinner at the Steak Bar one night  - a short walk past the car park. Yummy - and no need to drive so had a few wines. I now understand why red wine is kept in the fridge here - a whole new meaning to the words 'serve at room temperature.' Mulled wine is not so nice without the snow.

Met another Grey Nomad from the wesite today. Lovely to swap stories with like minded people. John came here and had coffee with me, then we had lunch courtesy of the book launch - good timing I say:)

So - as from tomorrow I am officially the 'person in charge' for the rest of the week - but I feel a large sign saying 'I KNOW NOTHING' on my back - or maybe the desk - may save people  asking me questions I cannot answer.  But then why stop a flow of conversation before it even starts!

No comments:

Post a Comment