Thursday 13 September 2012

13 Sept - Emerald to Jericho


13/9
Finished the blog last night – took about 5 hours!
Did the washing – will hang it up when I stop today. Saw this really cool 'caravan-boat' at the CP. Front folds up when travelling - and can be a boat as well.

Left around 10am. Fuelled up. Couldn’t get in to the pump so pulled out and went around behind another van – some woman came rushing over to tell me they had been waiting for ages and would I back out – nah – 2 pumps there so just carried on. Her man obviously hadn’t realised he could have come in where I went – and by then the other pump he wanted was free anyway!


 Lovely drive again but getting seriously hot now! All the windows open while driving. Good road to Anakie then narrow with rough edges to Alpha, and wide again to Jericho. Came over the Drummond Range 550m, and also the Greast Divide again at 440m. Dry reasonable flat country and some hills. Distinctive lack of big mining trucks also! Had lunch at Alpha then  to the free camp beside the river at Jericho #342. Lovely spot and so cool under the trees. The water truck has been around to dmpen the roads. Already chatted to a couple of solo women, a Kiwi lady, Dutch couple.... very  friendly at these free camps. Must keep an eye on the weather here – wont be able to get out if it rains – ground turns to bog I am told. Big pelican busy fishing on the river.
 Goat races as Balcaldine on Saturday but had intended being in Longreach tomorrow. Started thinking a campervan would be a good thing now???? Had a look in 3 of them here at the camp. Would I fit in?
Had a panic for a while - email from Google saying my blog was a spam! Had to do a bit of verification for them - at least I am back on line now.  
Still dont know why I keep seeing these strange trees but I suspect there is a bug that causes the odd growth. Often see those hanging bits dead as well.

1 comment:

  1. I think that you will find that the hanging bits are mistletoe.

    ReplyDelete