Saturday 27 October 2012

Moree


Have driven every day since I left Longreach so I have decided to stay a whole week in one spot!!!! At Moree Showgrounds - $99 power & water for a week. Meet 3 other Kiwis here also. It is cool today - such a pleasant change from the heat I have been encountering up until now.
Have actually put up the awning, got all the proper bits to tie it down, now know how to use the Flap stopper things, and then spent the night with it shaking the van in the very strong wind! BUT - still there and still tied down tight in the morning. A good chance to do maintenance - like resealing around the toilet/shower. Not sure if it is old age or the heat - or maybe all the rough roads but the sealant seems to have come adrift!!!!
I think I will get the TV out now ....Wonder if there is anything worth watching. 6 months without it so far.
Bought one of those thermo cookers - delicious neck chops and veg for dinner last night after 5 hours. I think I am going to enjoy using it. Will do corn beef tomorrow. A nice change from BBQ/fast food cooking. Much cheaper here at the camping shop than any others I have seen. Also has 12v and 240v plugs so can use as a powered slow cooker.
I am impressed with the NSW roads so far. Wide enough to get out of the way without falling down a bank, and no where near as rough.
The trees are beautiful now - stunning Jacarandas and Silky Oaks in flower. Such pretty towns as I go further south. Even the rivers are starting to look more inviting.

No comments:

Post a Comment