Friday 19 October 2012

Augathella

 The Apostlebirds came to visit and have a 'chat' at the rest area south of Tambo.

Very pleasant drive yesterday, although mostly 80km as the road was quite humpy, and very little traffic - and it was just a nice day to take my time. Yes - I do keep an eye on the traffic and pulled off the road several times when I saw trucks in the distance behind me.
 Very grey scenery - dry grass and even the trees have grey leaves. The only bright things were the prickly acacias and the cactus 'tree' which are starting to flower. The last 50km were much better - newer road so got a move on then. 

Interesting little town built on a rise with very wide streets. No doubt to cater for the bullock teams of years gone by. The CP only has 7 powered site. Have been many more but the boxes are taped shut now. I wonder if this is to become another mining camp? New eating area being built.

No comments:

Post a Comment