Wednesday 17 October 2012

Longreach to Blackall

Had a lovely month in Longreach at the Stockmans Hall of Fame. Parked around the back and had power and water, and a lovely cool gallery to work in. Managed to get several folders of photos scanned and on the web, and met some lovely people. Will go back when it is cooler - there is such a lot of work to do for volunteers.
Love these Brolga birds. The 3 of them spend time at the caravan park also and are quite a sight when flying.
Heading south now. Had lunch in Barcaldine and then drove to Blackall. The Jacarandas are in full flower down here - some colour other than yellow finally. Thought about free camping but it is very warm so am at a CP - and I needed to make sure my aircon was working after not being able to use it for a month - well - that is my excuse anyway!

Feels good to be on the move again and I am looking forward to seeing some green grass and even maybe that snow I heard about:)


No comments:

Post a Comment