Friday 15 February 2013

Portland

Back into a Caravan Park - but needed to get a new bulb in a headlight, and decided to do the light houses today and a trip towards Mt Gambier without the van tomorrow. There are fires around the Grampians where I planned on going today as well. Started with the storms yesterday up there.




 Enjoyed the drive today - down to the port then Nelson Light house and Brightwater.  Love this 'stitch' photo program as you can no doubt tell! The lava flow face on the side of the hill was amazing. Reminded me of the Undara Tubes. There are also old lava flows ending at at the blowholes.


There are many large stock trucks on the roads around here - taking stock to the port I guess. There must be a holding farm as they all seemed to be heading out in the same direction towards the light houses.
Huge piles of chips, and logs at the port. Looks a bit like Tauranga.

Heaps of wind farms along this coast. First time I have been up close to them and I do wonder why people object to the 'noise' - just a pleasant swooshing I found. 

Visually I would have a turbine any day over a pylon!
And NO - I do not know why this program will not import my pictures the right way round. Have given up trying to sort it. 

Saw a bloke trying to paraglide off the cliff near the port in town - jumped off then floated for a few minutes and landed back on the edge in the scrub. Seems odd to be doing it in a park over the road from houses  - and the wind blowing him back that way..... maybe he was a learner and that is a safe way to start? Just wobble around for a bit then land.

No comments:

Post a Comment